Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello All, I am not an expert in Linux but I'm now using Ubuntu 9.04 but whenever I try to update or press the 'reload' button in 'Synaptic Package Manager', ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] "Could not download all repository indexes" -- What does that mean?

Hello All,

I am not an expert in Linux but I'm now using Ubuntu 9.04 but whenever I try to update or press the 'reload' button in 'Synaptic Package Manager', I am facing the following errors:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Could not download all repository indexes

The repository may no longer be available or could not be contacted because of network problems. If available an older version of the failed index will be used. Otherwise the repository will be ignored. Check your network connection and ensure the repository address in the preferences is correct.

Failed to fetch cdrom://Ubuntu 9.04 _Jaunty Jackalope_ - Release i386 (20090420.1)/dists/jaunty/main/binary-i386/Packages Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
    Failed to fetch cdrom://Ubuntu 9.04 _Jaunty Jackalope_ - Release i386 (20090420.1)/dists/jaunty/restricted/binary-i386/Packages Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
    Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone please help me how to solve this issue?

Thanks,
    Suranjit

Hi

Open the Synaptic Package Manager and go to

Setting>Repositories

to check which repositories are available

Just Joined!
    Hello,

Thanks for your advice.
    I found my mistake. I checked the "Cdrom with Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jacalope" and it was causing the problem.

Thanks again.
    Suranjit