Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, Ever since I installed Fedora Core 2 as a dual boot to Windows XP I can't get either to work. All it does is boot into the grub command ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

FC2 boots staright to Grub command line

Hi,

Ever since I installed Fedora Core 2 as a dual boot to Windows XP I can't get either to work. All it does is boot into the grub command line and nothing else. I have an AMD 2800+ with a serial ATA 160Gb disk drive. Does anyone know of any solutions to this problem?

Regards,
    K

Linux Guru
    Solving Boot Problems with Grub - 2nd Edition is in the Tutorials section of this forum (see top of this page for the link). It explains alot. One thing it may not cover is this: You say it boots to the grub command line and nothing else. If the prompt looks like this:
    Code:
    grub>
    then that's the command prompt and GRUB has been properly installed. You just need to give it instructions to where your booting files are located, etc. If, on the other hand, the prompt looks like this:
    Code:
    GRUB_
    it means that GRUB is not properly installed and will need to be re-installed on your hard drive, or on a floppy. No big deal either way. Read nerderello's tutorial and maybe check some of the detailed posts I have made recently on this and give it a go. In particular, check my last post at this thread.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better