Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Everyone! I have various ISO (CDs) of different distros and since I have been using them for quite a while already, I noticed that it has started to acquire ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

How to Make ISO Copies of Distros

Hello Everyone!

I have various ISO (CDs) of different distros and since I have been using them for quite a while already, I noticed that it has started to acquire scratches.

All my files were deleted in an incident recently. I do not want to go through the hassles of downloading fresh ISO since it really takes time from where I am.

May I please ask how can I make extra copies of ISO (CDs) from my existing ones. Or can I copy it after I have installed them in their respective partitions?

Any which way, I thank you in advance for the help.

oz
    forum.guy
    You should be able to make disk to disk copies using your CD/DVD burning app.
    oz

Just create disk to disk copies as suggested by ozar. If you want to create a bootable copy of installed and configured distro, use PartedMagic.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

You can use the dd command to make an exact iso copy to your hard disk if that is what you would like to do as well.

It would be something like this
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/cdrom of=linux_cd.iso