Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello ppl, I had Ubuntu, CentOS and OpenSuse installed on my system and all 3 were booting up fine. But yesterday I installed Vista on another partition on the same ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ubuntu + CentOS + OpenSuse + Vista

Hello ppl,

I had Ubuntu, CentOS and OpenSuse installed on my system and all 3 were booting up fine. But yesterday I installed Vista on another partition on the same hard drive and now when I start my computer, it takes me straight to Vista. Can anybody tell me how I can boot into Ubuntu or CentOS and uninstall Vista as I no longer need it.

FYI: CentOS was installed on a primary partition and Ubuntu and OpenSuse were on logical partition. I dont remember if I installed Vista on a logical or a primary partition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by manav_1001 View Post
    Hello ppl,
    I had Ubuntu, CentOS and OpenSuse installed on my system yesterday I installed Vista.
    Welcome friend!
    hey man what are you doing?
    you have already three OS and you have installed 4th also.
    well...installing Vista erased Grub(Not sure whether it is of Ubuntu, CentOS or OpenSuse). you need to rescue all three distros.
    I think it is a complicated(Not much) to rescue all three distros.
    So using Supergrub disk is a wise decission.
    find more here:
    http://www.supergrubdisk.org/w/index...Howto_Fix_Grub
    downloads are available here:
    Super Grub Disk Homepage - Download ALL
    Sorry, Linux is not my passion .
    Its addiction!!!

Just Joined!
    Thanks for your reply grishi_111, but before you replied I tried to reinstall ubuntu in the same partitition as before and delete the vista partition in the process. The installation took me upto 88% and there was some problem and it took me to a Live Session. When I rebooted I got some kind of boot error..........Anyways I just installed a fresh copy of Ubuntu and will be installing CentOS and OpenSuse now.

I am surprised, my friend!
    perhaps you didn't care what i suggested. you need not install CentOS and OpenSuse again if they are installed and you have lost access to them just because Vista Bootloader removed Linux Bootloader and so the options to boot to CentOS and OpenSuse. Ubuntu Bootloader should have find other two also. if not you should again try to rescure by Supergrub Disk. reinstalling CentOS and OpenSuse is the last option i would consider if ever.
    Sorry, Linux is not my passion .
    Its addiction!!!