Find the answer to your Linux question:
My mouse is really sluggish in RedHat 8. How can I configure it to work correctly? Maybe a driver I can download? It's a generic (no-name) optical mouse. Also...you've probably ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

modem and mouse

My mouse is really sluggish in RedHat 8. How can I configure it to work correctly? Maybe a driver I can download? It's a generic (no-name) optical mouse.

Also...you've probably all heard this one before...but is there any way possible to get a Lucent WinModem working under RedHat 8?

Thanks a bunch!

Linux Guru
    I have no experience with WinModems myself, but I hear that they're pretty special. Anyway www.linmodems.org has specialized on them.

Linux Guru
    Oh yes, about the mouse. Have you tried all the drivers available. Is the mouse PS/2 or USB?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolda2000
    Oh yes, about the mouse. Have you tried all the drivers available. Is the mouse PS/2 or USB?
    It's PS/2. I haven't tried any drivers yet. Where can I find some?

Linux Guru
    I was referring to those that come with X. If you're running RH8, you should find the mouse configurator in the applications menu, under system settings and mouse. There are several drivers to choose from.

Just Joined!

Re: modem and mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Dolda2000
    I was referring to those that come with X. If you're running RH8, you should find the mouse configurator in the applications menu, under system settings and mouse. There are several drivers to choose from.
    ok...thanks.

Re the Modem,

I have gotten my up an running. Don't listen to people who say you're to throw it out.
    I would suggest doing a google search. You can find binary drivers for your kernel. try linmodems.org