Find the answer to your Linux question:
I havent seen it, but was wondering if there is a full install of Knoppix, instead of just the run from CD version. Just wondering if you can load it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Knoppix Question?

I havent seen it, but was wondering if there is a full install of Knoppix, instead of just the run from CD version. Just wondering if you can load it onto your hard drive just like a regular distro.
    Wavz

Linux Newbie
    i think there may be, i run knoppix off a cd and i am pretty sure if you click the knoppix penguin on the toolbar, go to configure. and then hit "create a persistant knoppix home directory" may solve your problem. I did it, it asks you if you wish to formate your HDD and everything, but this may not solve your problems completly if you can give me feedback on how it works im wishing to move to perminant knoppix too, i tried this before, but it unistalled my base OS and i didnt persue farther.
    Linux is for those who want to know why their computer works.

Registered Linux Machine #293111
    Registered Linux User #371115

Just Joined!
    Im downloading Version 3.6 right now and as soon as I figure out all the install stuff (If i do ) I will try to post my experience with the install and how to's.
    Wavz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    cool, thanks Hope I helped some!

Linux Engineer
    that'll only make a home directory. follow the directions in this tutorial for a complete hard drive install: http://www.freenet.org.nz/misc/knoppix-install.html

edit: err, that tutorial may be a bit old. just ctrl+alt+F2 and type "knoppix-installer" without the quotes of course. it should be pretty self explanatory.

Linux Newbie
    thanks for clearing mine up, i wasnt sure what would happen when i tried it it formated my HDD and i took it for a install.