Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just finished installing College Linux and so far I am totally impressed with it. The only thing I had to do (apart from downloading the iso) was create my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

College Linux - I'm Impressed!

I just finished installing College Linux and so far I am totally impressed with it.
    The only thing I had to do (apart from downloading the iso) was create my own partiitions for it - which you can do using cfdisk on the install cd (only needs 1 cd).

It comes with kde 3.1, blackbox, and other wm's as well as openoffice.org and lots of games.

It recognized my usb mouse which is on a pci usb card no problem and my keyboard as well (using an adapter) I had problems with these with gentoo and debian.

It also installed very fast compared to other distros like SuSE, MDK and Red Hat.
    It doesn't have any codec issues like Red Hat does with Xmms and it even comes with the gui for edonkey.

It's early still, but so far I am really happy with it - anyone else try it out?

Linux Engineer
    Sure...paste in a link, who distriute it?? and are the packages maintained by someone??

Regards

Regards

Andutt

Linux Enthusiast
    yeah, sorry bout that...

here is the link where it can be downloaded and also there is a link on there to the main page that gives a lot of info:

http://www.linuxiso.org/distro.php?distro=62

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    ok...thanks...will check it out.

regards

Regards

Andutt

Linux Enthusiast
    yeah, overall it is really good, I have noticed a few small bugs here and there though, let me know what you think and see if you notice what I did.
    also see the college linux homepage where the forum is for it:
    http://www.college.ch/linux/phorum/

Linux Enthusiast
    just another note, I am installing "dropline gnome" on College Linux right now. It is supported by Slackware also. It is supposed to be really for doing updates on apps and such. So far it looks really easy to use. I'm still a kde man, but I figured I would check it out.

Update: I finished installing it and it is great!