Find the answer to your Linux question:
I tried to install Red Hat 8.0 on my Dell Latitude D800 on the modular bay hard drive. The installation went great and I installed GRUB in the MBR of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Install Red Hat 8.0 on Dell Latitude D800 Modular Bay Hard D

I tried to install Red Hat 8.0 on my Dell Latitude D800 on the modular bay hard drive. The installation went great and I installed GRUB in the MBR of the main hard drive, but Red Hat didn't boot up. Is it even possible to run Red Hat (or any distro) from the modular hard drive? This Dell does support bootin from the modular HDD.

Do you see the grub menu? Or doesn't it even get that far?
    If you see the grub menu and then when trying to boot in to RedHat you get some error message about the root file system? Then it could be an issue that's related to what 'name' the modular hdd has, usually the first IDE hdd is called hda, my SATA hdd is sda. (I had a little problem with finding out the correct hdd name when installing Gentoo on my box, and it sort of sounds like you got a similar problem).

So could you please show us any error messages you get?
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - http://counter.li.org )
    --
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.