Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone install 32bit linux on Acer Aspire X1800 desktop (AX1800-E9232. Intel Core2 Quad Processor Q8200. Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 7100 graphics card. 4G RAM) successfully? The kubuntu 9.10, Fedora 12 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Acer Aspire X1800 linux install error

Does anyone install 32bit linux on Acer Aspire X1800 desktop (AX1800-E9232. Intel Core2 Quad Processor Q8200. Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 7100 graphics card. 4G RAM) successfully?

The kubuntu 9.10, Fedora 12 and openSUSE 11.2 KDE4 CD fail to install.
    The same three CDs can boot correctly on Acer Aspire M3100 (AM3100-UD5200A. AMD Athlon64 x2) so the CDs are ok.
    Windows 7 is running ok on Acer Aspire X1800 so the desktop computer is ok.

The CDs produces these errors:
    1. The kubuntu 9.10 x86 CD boots and the "804200EF" number appears on the top left corner of the screen. The error screen with the red title "I/O error" and the message "Error reading the boot CD. Reboot". appear.

2. The Fedora-12-i686-Live-KDE.iso cd boot with a blue screen with white image which looks like lemon or balloon.
    Then this error screen appear:
    mount: /dev/loop2: can't read superblock
    /squashfs/LiveOS/ext3fs.img: No such file or directory
    umount: /squashfs: not mounted
    mount: unknown filesystem type 'DM_snapshot_cow'

Can't mount root filesystem

Boot has failed, sleeping forever.

3. openSUSE-11.2-KDE4-LiveCD-i686 CD fail to boot.
    A blank screen appear.

4. BTW, the System Rescue CD 1.3.4 does not work on Acer X1800 but works correctly on M3100.

Hi,

My suggestion is to try to install linux without a CD/DVD. If you have a downloaded .iso, and you have a working Ubuntu installation, you can copy it to a USB stick using usb-creator. Then, boot the USB stick. There are also other ways to make a Live USB stick from Windows and Linux.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ursusca View Post
    Hi,

My suggestion is to try to install linux without a CD/DVD. If you have a downloaded .iso, and you have a working Ubuntu installation, you can copy it to a USB stick using usb-creator. Then, boot the USB stick. There are also other ways to make a Live USB stick from Windows and Linux.
    You are right.
    Problem is solved.
    Thanks.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close