Find the answer to your Linux question:
So, I've got a bit of a problem here. I've got Eeebuntu 3.0 installed on one partition, and Fedora 12 installed on another, sharing the same /home partition, and within ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

[SOLVED] Eeebuntu/Fedora conflicting in /home

So, I've got a bit of a problem here. I've got Eeebuntu 3.0 installed on one partition, and Fedora 12 installed on another, sharing the same /home partition, and within that, I have them sharing the same user folder. It complicates matters as Eeebuntu (with it's Ubuntu 9.04 base) still has Firefox 3.0.16, and Fedora has 3.5.6 (Adblock no longer works in Eeebuntu, I stupidly upgraded it in Fedora). I want to keep the same partition layout, but resolve these conflicts. Is there any way I can change the /home folder for Fedora, or Eeebuntu so that each one has different settings, but still be on the same /home partition? If so, how?

oz
    forum.guy
    If you are going to share a /home partition between distributions, you really should use a different login account/username for each distribution. Doing so should stop any conflicts between distributions.
    oz

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Actually, you can start firefox from the command line one time with the -ProfileManager option and create a profile for each os for your user account. The next time you start firefox, it will present your user profiles in a menu to select from. You don't need different login accounts I don't think, if you do this. I use this technique all the time so I can start firefox with different profiles.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Linux Newbie
    Thanks, ozar I'll remember that for the next time. I managed to fix it, not thinking to use "useradd," and "userdel."