Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok. so i'm trying to navigate AWAY from ubuntu and i've been wanting to try mandriva for forever. my mandriva live cd won't boot to install it. i've had this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help installing mandriva 2010

ok. so i'm trying to navigate AWAY from ubuntu and i've been wanting to try mandriva for forever.

my mandriva live cd won't boot to install it. i've had this problem with several other distros. if you could help that would be awesome.

Need more info.

You've checked the md5 sum of the iso file and it is correct? You've burnt the disc as an iso, not data file, at low speeds, using a high quality disc?

Does it start to boot? Or doesn't even begin? If it does start the boot, are there error messages? If I recall with Mandriva, though it's been awhile, you can hit ESC during the boot to switch to verbose mode.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by reed9 View Post
    Need more info.

You've checked the md5 sum of the iso file and it is correct? You've burnt the disc as an iso, not data file, at low speeds, using a high quality disc?

Does it start to boot? Or doesn't even begin? If it does start the boot, are there error messages? If I recall with Mandriva, though it's been awhile, you can hit ESC during the boot to switch to verbose mode.
    it gets to the boot screen, and the loading circle thing just keeps swirling and swirling. i tried pressing ESC and it didn't do anything. and yeah i burnt it all a low speed.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Post your machine's specs here. Which Graphics Card do you have?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils casper View Post
    Post your machine's specs here. Which Graphics Card do you have?
    2.0Ghz Intel Pentium Dual-Core
    3GB RAM
    Intel Integrated Graphics Card

and idk if this would help but right now i'm running Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and Ubuntu 9.10 x32 with GNOME and KDE installed.

Mandriva works fine with Intel Cards. Is it booting up in Command Line mode?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First