Find the answer to your Linux question:
i always use text login feature for my RH linux desktop, but there is always a problem displays after i exit my windows session into text command mode(root or other ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

OK, here is my first question, RH9 login logout problem

i always use text login feature for my RH linux desktop, but there is always a problem displays after i exit my windows session into text command mode(root or other users), the error messages are various, from X-server problems to fonts display problems, is it the same problem? how do i fix it?

please help, thanks a lot.
    Signature removed by moderator - please see forum rules

Linux Engineer
    How do you log out your X-session?? ctrl+alt+backspace or logout from the gui??. Paste in a sample from your errormessages..

Regards

Regards

Andutt

Linux User
    First, thanks a lot for yr reply!

oh, ok. hm.............
    i log out using both shell and graphic, the errors will always show up after that. show u the errors? hm, how do it print or copy the screen in text mode?

it is a bit embarrassing for me, actually, i tried linux out first when RH6.0 came out, have been trying out every new version of RH, but i just dunno how to use it! because everytime i installed a new one, some myterious errors and applications installations tricks always knocked me off! after that, i went back to windows again. since win xp is much more stable than previous windows verisons, i virtually stopped trying out linux, until i decided to build myself a own server and a website, also because everyone says linux is the best thing for server(apache and linux is free!)!!! so now i've decided to push more efforts on it. i think i need 200% effort on this thing, ha!

Linux Engineer
    Good chooise!! that you have decided to run linux at home for your website. I know that when you have used linux for a a while you will be grateful to have a very powerful serversoftware-distribution like linux on you computer.

Everybody is newbies at the beginning, so dont hessitate to post questions here at the forum.

Regards

Regards

Andutt

Linux User
    let me check out the messages tonight, i am at work now