Find the answer to your Linux question:
I burned a live c.d of debian 6 today, it works really great...but there is no option to install it. I've done lots of installs off c.ds where it says ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

debian 6 ?

I burned a live c.d of debian 6 today, it works really great...but there is no option to install it. I've done lots of installs off c.ds where it says " install" right at boot up, as on option. is there a way to install this ? thanks

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvoo View Post
    is there a way to install this ? thanks
    Not sure about the liveCD, but you should be able to do a "netinstall" of Debian Testing (Squeeze):

Index of /cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/iso-cd

Index of /cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/i386/iso-cd
    oz

Linux Newbie
    thanks ozar...do I go to that site from the live c.d ? or with the xubuntu that is installed on that computer now ?

oz
    forum.guy
    You'll need to decide if you want 64-bit or 32-bit Debian, then decide which image you want to install from (I use the businesscard image for my own netinstalls), download that image, burn it to disk as an image, then boot your machine with the newly created installation disk. After installing the base system, you can get the rest of the packages that you might want online, using apt.
    oz