Find the answer to your Linux question:
I attempted to install Zenwalk next to my Xandros install to no avail. Is there away to dualboot 2 Linux distros and which is easiest install on 2 drives or ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

dualboot 2 Linux distros

I attempted to install Zenwalk next to my Xandros install to no avail. Is there away to dualboot 2 Linux distros and which is easiest install on 2 drives or both on the same drive?

Linux Guru
    Is there away to dualboot 2 Linux distros
    You're joking, of course! Take a look at this link:

A grub menu booting 100+ systems of Dos, Windows, Linux, BSD and Solaris - JustLinux Forums

More information on your computer would help someone here to help you. Post your partition information, how many partitions, what operating systems on them....would help. I've personally never used Zenwalk or Xandros but I'm certain someone here has.

Just Joined!
    My system is a Dell Optiplex 150, 1 Ghz processor, 256m memory, 80 gb Western Digital HD. The system has worked fine under Xandros 4.5 open circulation, no problems at all. But i install ZenWalk along side it and now no Xandros. I'll look at your links. There should be an easy bcd for linux.

Linux Guru
    But i install ZenWalk along side it and now no Xandros
    Your partition information would helpful to understand exactly what happened. It would appear that you installed Zenwalk bootloader to the master boot record and you may just need to put an entry in menu.lst for Xandros. Assuming Zenwalk uses Grub?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by yancek View Post
    Your partition information would helpful to understand exactly what happened. It would appear that you installed Zenwalk bootloader to the master boot record and you may just need to put an entry in menu.lst for Xandros. Assuming Zenwalk uses Grub?
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    rootfs 3.9G 2.9G 834M 78% /
    /dev/sda6 3.9G 2.9G 834M 78% /
    /dev/sda5 49G 185M 47G 1% /home
    none 5.0M 1.6M 3.5M 31% /dev
    tmpfs 125M 0 125M 0% /lib/init/rw
    tmpfs 125M 4.0K 125M 1% /dev/shm
    /dev/sda3 53G 192M 50G 1% /disks/sda3
    guest@takarka:~$ fdisk -l
    bash: fdisk: command not found

maybe i'll just reinstall zen using grub i thing i saw an option to write the xandros bootloader without overwriting the present file.