Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
[B]why would you have a problem with Ubuntu 9.10 I have a rinky dink acer with a 1.8 gigahertz CPU and only 4 gig of DDR2 ram I did have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile Why would you have a

[B]why would you have a problem with Ubuntu 9.10 I have a rinky dink acer with a 1.8 gigahertz CPU and only 4 gig of DDR2 ram I did have to change out the Hard drive as Linux said it had 79 bad spots on it . . It found EVERY thing on in or around it . . Oh yeah Virtual Box ( latest version is great to use ) have to open root terminal and type in the following EXACTLY or it will not work right ! VBOX_USB=USBFS VirtualBox ( and hit enter ) then you will have the FULL USE of the virtual box I run WindBloows XP Pro inside for showing it off to people and how to get weird stuff working that they DO NOT YET make for Linux ( Ubuntu 9.10 )
    Oh yeah be sure you download the guest additions and install them makes what ever you want to use inside of windows usable . . I know I use my ADS Tech DVD Express that way, ( for transfering movies from my digital camera to the VCR and to the computer ) as they do not have a driver for it in Ubuntu YET ! LOL ! [/ B]

Remember the host has the guest inside of it. If you plan a guest Windows virtualbox of 20Gb, you must allocate an additional 20Gb to your host. My HD is 230 GB. My / partition is 100 GB. My /home partition is 120 GB. Inside the /home partition is the vbox XP of 20 GB, in effect reducing available /home space to 100 GB)

/ (100 GB)
    /home (120 GB)
    .vbox
    (virtual HD) XP (20 GB)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4