Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
For those that want debian but think its to hard to install why dont you try Libranet . Its based on Debian but has an easy install process....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

For those that want debian but think its to hard to install why dont you try Libranet.
    Its based on Debian but has an easy install process.

Linux Engineer
    Heck, why not go progeny linux? Isn't that founded by the original Debian found Ian Murdock?
    The reason why I stick to Debian are two very good reasons.
    1. APT (dependency problems are automatically taken care of)
    2. Three different releases. Actually, I'm not sure if other distros do this but eversince using the stable version of Debian, my computer has never crashed or run into other problems. My experience with other distros, well, let's just say I thought linux is supposed to be crash proof.
    The best things in life are free.

Linux User
    Hm, i think i should give another try on Debian then, but not before i noe how to get around with redhat! lol
    Signature removed by moderator - please see forum rules

Linux Engineer
    sky,

Since Libranet and Progeny are both derived from Debian, it's probable that it'll have APT built into it. As for the three different releases (stable, testing, and unstable) I don't think they categorized them that way. It seems that both Libranet and Progeny can be installed with ease. The only downside of installing any of those distros is the lack of support from users.

Linux User
    I see, maybe this is my own dogma, or perhaps dilemma? I think I'd better stick to only one distro, it is a healthy step for me, ain't it? Because there are too many distros to try out, it is a never ending task! Therefore, when I become adapted to Redhat, I think I'd better stick to it. Do you agree?

Regards.

Linux Engineer
    sky,

Everything in life, including linux distros, have their pros and cons. You'll learn from experience what those are but for now, stick to Redhat and see how you like it. From there, you can see if you want to move or not.

Linux User
    Agree. Thanks for your ideas!

Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2