Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have an international skype interview planned in 10 minutes, and my flatmates computer is now opening up using Windows, and Skype is not there!!! I know he changes back ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Rebooting computer into Linux, from Windows-can some1 kind help me-next 10 minutes?

I have an international skype interview planned in 10 minutes, and my flatmates computer is now opening up using Windows, and Skype is not there!!!

I know he changes back and forth from Windows to Linux on this computer, he lets me use it often. And when I use Linux, it has Skpye!

Question: Is there a simple way to reboot the computer back into Linux???

Thankyou!!!

Chris

Hello and Welcome.
    When you reboot the machine, you need to keep your eyes open for the grub menu. Press the space bar when you see it and this should bring up the boot screen that lets you select Linux or Windows.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCh View Post
    Question: Is there a simple way to reboot the computer back into Linux???
    Welcome to the forums!

If needed, you should also be able to boot with and use any linux livecd that contains skype.
    oz

Just Joined!
    thanks for your help

Appreciated your reply posts!

I did try rebooting and pressing space, my flatmate told me later that normally that would work, but in this case it wouldn't for a particular reason. (For me it only rebooted into windows...)

Unfortunately the story doesn't have a happy ending... Nothing changed last night when I tried to figure out how to get back to Linux, I found the people overseas I had arranged to Skype, and over facebook, I explained the situation, and then had an awkward interview done through facebook chat! It was sufficient but a little embarrassing! As soon as I'd said good-bye, my flatmate got home! Haha

Never mind though... the sun is still shining, and I'm still alive!

I'm grateful for your help though!

God bless you guys...

Chris

If you are using Ubuntu 9.10 or GRUB2 in any other Linux distro, pressing Shift key will bring GRUB2 Menu.

Anyways, all's well that ends well. Good Luck !
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First