Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Boot up from LiveCD of any Linux distro and execute fdisk -l command in Terminal. Post output here....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Boot up from LiveCD of any Linux distro and execute fdisk -l command in Terminal. Post output here.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

I also have had this issue after installing a distro. It obviously puts grub on the primary partition and overwrites the mbr for grub. My install wouldn't even find windows and didn't add to the grub menu. Even if I add it manually it won't boot, what's the deel. The only drive that should have to be bootable is the drive with the boot loader on it. So i'm not sure why it can't find windows and why it won't work by adding it manually. The issue is that when you try to fix the mbr with the windows recovery, after reboot it comes up saying missing ntldr. I even made sure that the ntldr is on the drive, had to manually copy to drive from recovery, it still didn't work. I'm not sure what grub is doing. This seems to be a grub2 issue and not a grub1 issue. I'm just posting this here to reiterate that this is a pretty big issue that needs to be addressed. And no I don't have a solution, sorry.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4