Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guis, first of allq here's my PC configuration Proc Core2Duo 6750 MB MSI P35 Neo 2 RAM Corsair 4GB Video Gigabyte GTS250 HDD 2x320GB Seagate in RAID 0 and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Troubles installing OpenSUSE 11.2 on RAID 0

Hey guis,
    first of allq here's my PC configuration

Proc Core2Duo 6750
    MB MSI P35 Neo 2
    RAM Corsair 4GB
    Video Gigabyte GTS250
    HDD 2x320GB Seagate in RAID 0 and 1GB WD

I have a Windows 7 installation with a boot partition on the RAID. I also want to have a dual boot with openSUSE 11.2 but I don't know how to set correctly my partitions. I have some unallocated space next to the Windows C:\ partition. When I try to install openSUSE it makes a suggestion to create some partitions that i don't need and don't want, and even doesn't mount them. It also creates a / 80GB, /boot 36MB, swap 2GB and /home 20GB partitions, so I am in lack of free space.

Can anybody help me to resolve this. I though I must post some screenshots, but I don't know how to create screenshots during installation. Maybe I'll try to reinstall later and pick some screens in english, because my system language is bulgarian. Please, help.

Just Joined!
    Please post a reply. If you need any additional info I am ready to post it here

i'm surprised this one slipped under the radar

there should be a way to do a manual partitioning scheme, which would allow you to set it up the way you want to

you could also use something like partedmagic livecd and boot up and create partitions before hand with that

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by coopstah13 View Post
    i'm surprised this one slipped under the radar

there should be a way to do a manual partitioning scheme, which would allow you to set it up the way you want to

you could also use something like partedmagic livecd and boot up and create partitions before hand with that
    Yes, there is a way. OpenSUSE makes a suggestion to partition my HDDs, based on my existing partitions or LVM based partitioning and you can edit it. But I'm stuck on it and don't know what to choose. That's where openSUSE makes some partitions I don't want and don't need to have, and they even aren't mounted.

On bulgarian community forum someone advised to delete all partitions and make a primary logical one, then to create more partitions on it.

I tried to do this but loosed my mounted windows partitions. I was affraid I can delete them accidentally and decided not to continue, so now I don't know what else to do.

Any help will be appreciated, because I'm still a noob in linux.