Find the answer to your Linux question:
im having major problems installing java so it seems, i have "instgalled" the java environment all diffrent ways, using terminal, and the software installer but nothing seems to be working ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

java

im having major problems installing java so it seems, i have "instgalled" the java environment all diffrent ways, using terminal, and the software installer but nothing seems to be working i still get

Could not create the Java virtual machine.

when i try to install atunes and no java games are working. i think its because i havent enabled it but ive no idea how to do so. ive checked all my java files and nothing is in the ???

any help is much appreciated

Just Joined!
    The "could not create Java virtual machine" error is a possible response to a bad or confusing Java command on a machine that has Java installed correctly. In fact, it's actually a good indication that you do have Java installed.

What distro are you using?

How did you install Java?

What are you trying to do? (Post commands and/or as many details as possible about what you're doing and the computer's response.)

What do you get when you type "java -version" in a terminal window?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by GregBrannon View Post
    The "could not create Java virtual machine" error is a possible response to a bad or confusing Java command on a machine that has Java installed correctly. In fact, it's actually a good indication that you do have Java installed.

What distro are you using?

How did you install Java?

What are you trying to do? (Post commands and/or as many details as possible about what you're doing and the computer's response.)

What do you get when you type "java -version" in a terminal window?

hmmmm your right i do have it installed

from java -version ....

Code:
     java version "1.6.0_17"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.7.3) (suse-2.1.1-i386)
    OpenJDK Client VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode)
    im using openSUSE KDE4

and installed it using the package downloader, and i also downloaded it from the java site and used the terminal to do tings to it lol i have no idea what i did though .....

and finaly im trying to install aTunes

ty for help