Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well I burned the ISO of linux mint 9 isadora xfce onto a CD(the live version) and when I booted up for the very first time it asked for a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Mint 9 Isadora asks for usename/password during installation

Well I burned the ISO of linux mint 9 isadora xfce onto a CD(the live version) and when I booted up for the very first time it asked for a username and password, what am I supposed to put in there? Also, should I have my ethernet cable plugged in for the installation of the OS, or is it fine to do it with no internet connection?

Hmm, it shouldn't ask for a password.

I would try username mint and see if you can leave the password blank for use mint again.

Also you can try root as the username and password.

It's fine to install with no internet, though you may then have to setup the repositories post install.

Just Joined!
    I got it to the login screen the first time, but the next time I did it it got stuck at the screen with the five loading dots, so I burned a fresh image CD and now all I get is ''Boot failed: press a key to retry...'' repeatedly. Any suggestions?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Downloaded image again, burned another disc again, and it still won't work. I'm guessing it's a hardware error?