Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've got 80Gb drive split into 3 logical disks: 10Gb, 35Gb, 30Gb. About 6 Gb of the first drive (C in WIndoz) are used by WInXP. 1.5Gb are free under ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Partitions - how to do it properly?

I've got 80Gb drive split into 3 logical disks: 10Gb, 35Gb, 30Gb. About 6 Gb of the first drive (C in WIndoz) are used by WInXP. 1.5Gb are free under Windoz and 2+ were under Linux (SuSE). Now I deleted all Linux partitions since 2+ Gb were not enough. So I've got this no man land there.

Well now I am thinking about take those 2+ gig and ad 3 gig from another drive to create a partitions for Linux. But I want to do it with re-installing WinXP or moving my existing data somewhere (although I will backup the important stuff). Is it possible to do? If yes, then how?

I cannot use Partition Magic since it gives me error 117 (108 in DOS).

I am sorry if I want too much from you guys, but any help would be appreciated.

Linux Guru
    Sure, just use any partitioning program that's in the installation phase of any Linux distro. They will allow you to add partitions in that unpartitioned space.

Just Joined!
    can I increase this unpartitioned space for the account of another drive?

Linux Guru
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Could you rephrase the question?

If you mean to take unpartitioned space from two seperate drives and use it as one, that can be done using LVM.

Just Joined!
    What is LVM?

Linux Guru
    LVM is Logical Volume Management. It basically allows you to take two or more partitions on seperate drives and combine them to make them look like a single physical volume, which you can then install Linux on. I assumed that was what you wanted to do, but I couldn't really make it out clearly.