Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am 100% New to Linux . I am going to try to install zorin os on my pc .I will be using a wireless USB N connection for internet ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

installing Zorin OS

I am 100% New to Linux . I am going to try to install zorin os on my pc .I will be using a wireless USB N connection for internet . Will my cd that comes will usb be able to auto launch like windows does to install drivers and software ? I really don't know anything about Linux and how it works .

Quote Originally Posted by zorin View Post
    I am 100% New to Linux . I am going to try to install zorin os on my pc .I will be using a wireless USB N connection for internet . Will my cd that comes will usb be able to auto launch like windows does to install drivers and software ? I really don't know anything about Linux and how it works .

Depends on the chip in the Wireless N Usb Adapter. If chip is supported by modules in the kernel.
    It will work out of the box.

Sounds like Ubuntu with a Windows Interface. And No. Linux does not work like Windows.

Looks like you are going to have to read up on Ubuntu and your Wireless N USB as Zorin is basically Ubuntu with Windows Makeup.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...CardsSupported

Good luck with it.
    Last edited by rokytnji; 08-23-2010 at 02:39 PM.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    Thanks, I did see on wireless disc for Linux systems but I don't know how to get linux to open and install the drivers or kernals .when I put it in the usb port linux doesn't find it like windows did .Funny thing is the instructions for Sabrent wireless -N USB Adapter only tells how to install for windows systems lol.

If you get in a bind. Post here first in
    Wireless Internet - Linux Forums

but be sure to follow the instructions below before posting a wireless thread.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/wir...tart-here.html

Be sure to have the Wireless N usb adapter plugged in before following above instructions.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home