Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to make my own boot CD with different linux distros and tools. These are the things I'm going to include on the CD: Lucid Puppy 5.11 (Live) Damn ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Making my own boot CD, GRUB?

I'm trying to make my own boot CD with different linux distros and tools. These are the things I'm going to include on the CD:

Lucid Puppy 5.11 (Live)
    Damn Small Linux (Live)
    Gparted Live
    Arch linux net install

(Total size: about 600 MB)

I was thinking about using GRUB legacy as the boot manager on the CD, but I'm wondering how I can install GRUB to a CD. I've been experimenting with the live CD of Ubuntu, but when i start to delete the Ubuntu files (which I don't need) it messes up the filesystem manifest and I'm left with a non-bootable .iso. So I want to build GRUB from scratch and add all the entries to the menu.lst.

ved

Smile

there is same type of options it may be helpful for you
    UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloads
    Grub 2 Basics - Ubuntu Forums
    Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise.
    New Users : Read This First

Linux Guru
    To boot a CD with Grub you need the file: stage2_eltorito.

If you don't have it in your /boot/grub directory, you should be able to find it in /usr/lib/grub. Which version of Ubuntu are you using? Versions after 9.04 are using Grub2 so they would not have a menu.lst file.

You indicate you want to include four systems which you list. None of them is Ubuntu so why are you trying to install Grub from Ubuntu? Why not use it from Puppy

I haven't put Arch Linux on a CD but I have the other three booting from Grub. Maybe explaining in a little more detail what you have done would help us to help you?