Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Sorry for the late reply have had some work to do - My system has: a dead internal e drive no longer connected, an internal d drive that will not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sorry for the late reply have had some work to do -

My system has: a dead internal e drive no longer connected, an internal d drive that will not detect any cds loaded into the tray, a USB cd rw drive that works great, i have a wireless reciever plugged into usb and also an optical mouse. Right now Windows XP PRO is installed with a partition made by partition magic 8.0 that split my 60 gig hd into a 50 gig and a 10 gig, the 10 gig partition is empty. Hope this helps your response -
    EnSanity

Linux User
    if you have a fast internet connection you could do a ftp install, then you wuold have no hassle about the cdroms. And I remeber some old redhat version, allowing you to mount some iso's on another harddisk. So you could install without cdrom, but im not shure if that feature is gone.

anyways, good luck

Linux Guru
    You can still do that.

Just Joined!
    Tutorial on how to do that?

Linux Guru
    Basically, store the ISOs on your hard drive, write out a boot floppy (using the boot.img for RH8 and previous versions and bootdisk.img for RH9; use rawrite.exe to do the actual writing for DOS/Winbloze). Then boot from it and specify hard drive installation when it asks you for your install medium. Then I don't really remember exactly what it asks for, but it should be pretty straight forward.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2