Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by Segfault I started with buying this card HD-5500 . Then I rebuilt my kernel to include drivers for it. Next step was installing MythTV. Doing it Gentoo ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
    I started with buying this card HD-5500.
    Then I rebuilt my kernel to include drivers for it.
    Next step was installing MythTV. Doing it Gentoo way meant I had to set up manually that darned MySQL database.
    Rest was easy, configured the backend, configured the frontend, signed up with Schedules Direct.
    Have been watching/recording since then.
    Woah!

I was able to install Mythbuntu correctly I think. I already have a nice GUI frontend and I think MySQL is also set-up properly. (I hope ) I just clicked on some choices and here I am.

Is there a way I can check if my assumptions are correct? Meaning, my frontend and backend are already working and just waiting to be connected to my cable box? I have attached a screenshot of the gui. FWIW. How can I check the backend please? By terminal?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

In Gentoo I had to run mythtv-setup first, then mythfrontend. Not sure how to configure it in Mythbuntu, there is some documentation, I hope?

I checked synaptic since I installed it from there and all dependencies seems to be fine. Fronted, backend etc. However, mythtv-doc is not installed and so I installed it. Will be checking it in a while.
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2