Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey all, I have a D-Link DWL-120 Wireless Network Adapter (802.11b) that I got dirt cheap along with a Netgear MR314 Wireless Router. The setup works perfect, but in Windoze. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

D-Link DWL-120 Wireless Network Adapter

Hey all,

I have a D-Link DWL-120 Wireless Network Adapter (802.11b) that I got dirt cheap along with a Netgear MR314 Wireless Router. The setup works perfect, but in Windoze. I have tried to find drivers for it, but the install never seems to work (tried about 2-3 different sets, but to no avail). I was just wondering if anyone else has attempted this, or am I just gonna give up (for now ).

System:

RedHat 8.0
    Abit KG-7R Mobo
    AMD Athlon T-Bird 1.33GHz Proc
    WD 30GB HDD
    Creative SB Live! 5.1
    Netgear FA311 NIC (working)
    D-Link DWL-120 (not working )
    Pioneer 16X DVD-ROM
    Plextor 12x10x32 CD-RW

Not like all this matters, but I just decided to add it all just for fun!!!

Tithefug

Linux User
    Joe I have never had good luck with D-Link crap, I used to personally have one of their hubs (which sucked - it was super loud/unreliable) and at work the guy who I used to work for ordered 10 of their NIC cards which we never did get to work - not even the wireless ones...
    majorwoo

Quiet brain, or I\'ll stab you with a Q-tip.

Linux Guru
    There are a number of wireless drivers for linux, which works good or not so good depending on your adapter. I don't know which one D-Link adapters requires, though.
    There are, of course, the orinoco driver included in the kernel, and then there's the driver from the folks at www.linux-wlan.org. There is also the spectrum24t driver (I think it's celled that, I don't remember where to get it, though). For my Intel 2011B adapter I have to use Pavel Roskin's orinoco extension, since the card has no on-board firmware. That you can get from http://sourceforge.net/projects/spectrum24/. I think it should work for almost all Spectrum 24 Intersil 2.5-based adapters (all of them, almost), since it requires no firmware, but I haven't tried.

Btw., my computer is better than yours! Haha!
    Epox 8KHA+ Mobo
    T-Bird 1.4
    512 MB DDRAM
    16X DVD-ROM
    Acer 20x10x40 CD-RW

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close