Find the answer to your Linux question:
Running Suse 8.1. My Kensington trackball does not work very well, and is apparently not yet supported. Anybody using a trackball that works properly? Which one? Thanks d5...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Anyone using a Trackball with Linux??

Running Suse 8.1. My Kensington trackball does not work very well, and is apparently not yet supported. Anybody using a trackball that works properly? Which one?

Thanks
    d5

Linux Enthusiast
    I am a huge trackball person, they rule!

I use a generic discontinued trackball and it works great, and also a logitech one here:

This one is ok: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?pa...2&languageid=1

you can see my other trackballs on this page (it might take a while to load):

http://members.rogers.com/ctmlinux/compics.html

there's also another pick of the logitech there too.

Just Joined!
    Thanks yowwww, appreciate the help. Been using trackballs since they first came out. Couldn't ever go back to regular mice! Years ago, I vowed never to buy another Logitech product when they refused to support OS2, but I guess it's time to capitulate. My Kensington works, but not very well. I have tried all the settings but still have to move the ball way to much. Very annoying.

Thanks again
    d5

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    np problem, one more thing though, make sure that whichever mouse you use has a direct connection to the computer, in other words, try to avoid usb to ps/2 adapters and such. If you buy a usb mouse, plug it into the usb port, if it's ps/2 then use the ps/2 port and so on.

hope it works out.

those pics of my black n blue trackball and red one are the most comfortable ones I have found, unfortunately they are discontinued, at the time I scoured the stores and managed to pick up 5 of them - one is still in a skrink wrapped box! lol
    The logitech one is optical also so it is very smooth, but it doesn't fit my hand as well. Most people think they ones I use are too big though.