Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm kinda new to linux so iI'm not quite sure what to do so was wondering if you could help me out Earlier today I installed fedora core 3. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can duel boot into Fedora but not windows

Hi, I'm kinda new to linux so iI'm not quite sure what to do so was wondering if you could help me out

Earlier today I installed fedora core 3. It appeared to go fine, created seperate partitions, didn't touch windows partition, installed and then rebooted. Now I set windows to be the default boot o/s (well labelled 'other' but close enough). It goes into the fedora screen, hit any key to get menu etc. I let hat pass and then it trys to boot windows (or so I would expect)

unfortunatly it just displays:
    booting other..
    rootnoverify(hd0,4)
    chainloader +1

and then it hangs or at least doesn't appear to be doing anything. I don't see anything like clear error messages. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

P.S one thing that did occur to me while glancing through the forums is that I have a scsi drive yet it says hd. I was wondering should hd be replaced by something else like sd?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Just Joined!
    Your bootloader configuration is faulty and that's why you are getting such an error.Try booting into Linux and then run the grub-config to reconfigure grub.

If you have doubts regarding the partition you can confirm it using the command " fdisk -l /dev/sda1 ".