Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a MAC book and aHP mini2133. The HP mini does not have a cd drive. Wonder if I can use the Mac CD drive to load my printer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Using CD drive from Mac

I have a MAC book and aHP mini2133. The HP mini does not have a cd drive. Wonder if I can use the Mac CD drive to load my printer driver into my HP mini? In fact the printer driver is already in the Mac hard drive. Any suggestion much appreciated. Thanks.

Hello and Welcome.
    Do you have a USB port and a USB Jump/Flash/Thumb drive?
    Last edited by MikeTbob; 10-30-2010 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Typos!
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Assuming the CD drive is USB attached, you should be OK. If it is firewire, then if the HP has a firewire port that should work also. The printer driver on the Mac hard drive is for Mac only. It won't work on the HP. For that you will need to install the appropriate driver, depending upon the version of Linux you are running on the HP.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Hello and Welcome.
    Do you have a USB port and a USB Jump/Flash/Thumb drive?
    Hai and thanks for the response.

Yes, both notebooks have USB ports and can can be connected by a USB cable. One point I did not mention in the original post is, my HP is on Linux. It doesnot seem to work!

However, I thought of another alternative and copied the printer driver from my Mac to a Thumb drive. Then I loaded the driver into the HP(linux) It is available on the HP desktop but I don't know what to do to install it.

Any guide appreciated.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Assuming the CD drive is USB attached, you should be OK. If it is firewire, then if the HP has a firewire port that should work also. The printer driver on the Mac hard drive is for Mac only. It won't work on the HP. For that you will need to install the appropriate driver, depending upon the version of Linux you are running on the HP.
    OK, the printer is OKI B2200 model. As an alternative to the other reply to my post, is it possible to get a driver off the internet that will enable my HP mini to print on this printer?

Thanks.

installing hp printer driver is easy, it should be available in repo and as stated before the mac driver WILL NOT WORK on linux

what is your distro?