Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey! I ordered a free Ubuntu 10.04 Desktop CD and followed the instructions(put it in the dvd rom and restarted my laptop). All goes very well up to one point ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Demo does not load

Hey!
    I ordered a free Ubuntu 10.04 Desktop CD and followed the instructions(put it in the dvd rom and restarted my laptop).
    All goes very well up to one point when it's loading, but there's no progress.
    I left it so for about an hour while I went out to see if it would load, but when I got home the screen was the same(even the loading animation stopped).
    I have Windows 7 installed and I want to install Ubuntu on another partition.

Any help?

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome!

Don't know if it will help, but you could try disabling acpi then try installing again. Another option you could try is the "alternate cd" text-only installer.
    oz

Just Joined!
    I'll try that and be back with a response

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    disabling acpi didn't work...could you tell me what text-only installer consists of?

[EDIT]: I found information on how to do an "Alternate CD" install, but I don't have the time right now. I will try to install inside windows, but if it will work, it's only temporary, since I want to install it properly.
    Last edited by sk8raven; 10-31-2010 at 05:56 PM.