would like to know if using VHD (Virtual Hard Drive) is a better method instead of resizing Hard Disks / partitioning etc....What I was thinking of is a method whereby I create a VHD file and link it to Windows 7 Boot Loader .. I am actually not in favour of either Virtual Box or VmWare as I have to load into an OS and launch it and I dont personally like the "host" --"guest" way of functioning wherein you have to keep toggling ...Also you dont get a real feel of a virtualized Application or Distro....

It is safe , but you cant test the real potential of a distro in terms of Hardware recognition ..It is a shadow of some existing OS whiin which resources are shared.. For instance my wireless adapter is used as a "wired" connection in Virtual Box.i dont know if the distro per se recognises my wireless.Also RAM is shared so speed is reduced..

So I read that in Win 7 you can create a VHD and also use BCD edit to invoke it at bootup...I am thinking it is in the same manner as a Virtual Box /Vmware way of functioning but with advantages like

1. Quicker bootup
2. Ease of Use ( no need for partition hassle)..Just create / delete HD files
3. Full Hardware resource utilization
4. Independent functioning
5. Dynamic storage

Disadv
1. 2 TB limitation for files...But that is way too much for me!! I hardly use even 40 GB!

Is this advisable or is there a basic flaw in my assumption?....I can have one permanent OS - either Linux or Win 7 and operate my system without bothering about file systems , resize etc