Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi i've follow linux from strach guide and the linuxfromscratch.org create all partitions and i dont know what is next some body know? these guides says that i need download ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help whats next in linux from scratch guide?

hi i've follow linux from strach guide and the linuxfromscratch.org create all partitions and i dont know what is next some body know?

these guides says that i need download the sources but how i do it? i've use the LFS CD Live and the GParted LiveCD

i first use the LFS CD but dont write the other two partitions and then the Gparted CD this works all in the virtualBox

Which guide are you using?
    I've always installed Gentoo, a very similar distro, using a LiveCD. You probably need to unpack the base LFS tarball and then use the LiveCD to "chroot" into the LFS install and continue from there. Are you installing LFS in a virtualBox?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    i'm using the linuxfromscratch.org and the linux from scratch wiki guide (i cant put the links)

i use the Gparted liveCD because the other(LFSliveCD) do not write the other two partitions and i'm stuck in the packages and patches lesson, just can write the partitions and create the filesystem and mount the partition

i've download the latest linux kernel that are under windows7 and i using the virtualbox i dont know how get the compilers, packages patches from the wget

and i not understand. how unzip the LFS tarball? is in the LFSLiveCD?
    just i know how do it