Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
no, i didnt upragde anything, aslo laptop wasnt at service // so the problem is quite known www(dot)bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+bug/307645 sorry for making thread but i couldnt find any information before...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

no, i didnt upragde anything, aslo laptop wasnt at service
    // so the problem is quite known www(dot)bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+bug/307645

sorry for making thread but i couldnt find any information before
    Last edited by illm; 11-24-2010 at 05:38 PM.

Just Joined!

Solution to the issue

First of all, I'd like to recommend that you make a bootable USB Key with the System Rescue CD on it. Buy an external hard disk and copy all of your important data to it. You just connect it, use fdisk to partition it and then format it with ext2.

Then after you feel comfy you've saved your data, reboot and start DBAN. Letting it run a basic wipe on your laptop will be a good test to make sure that there isn't anything wrong with your storage subsystem. If it locks up while doing this, obviously you have a hardware issue. (This is also a good way to destroy any leftovers Windows might have left behind.)

After that, you can be assured that the disk is completely clean. Now, you can then install whichever version of Linux you want. (I'd recommend Fedora or Ubuntu) In theory, if everything is behaving properly on a hardware level, you shouldn't experience any more lockups. BTW, Install the latest and greatest version if you can.

Good luck!

Just Joined!
    thank you for tip how to wipe the disk, if i have time, i will do it
    btw i prefer linux mint, so far i have own experience with ubuntu,kubuntu,fedora,opensuse,mint,
    and mint is perfect system for me, at this time i wouldnt change it

anyway, on link i posted above are some solutions of freezing linux, i tried to turn off compiz efects, and so far (its around 2 days) no freeze, (before, it was freezing like 4 times a day) so i think problem is somehow solved and linux should patch that problem
    because really a lot of people has the same problem so i think its not hardware issue

Quote Originally Posted by illm View Post
    . . . so i think problem is somehow solved and linux should patch that problem because really a lot of people has the same problem so i think its not hardware issue
    No, it is a Window issue (also an HP/Compaq and a WD and . . . (anyone tied to the apron strings of M$) issue.
    Glad you decided to get rid of that bane!
    Be Pane-free!

Just Joined!
    ehm maybe its not linux issue(personally i think it is), but anyway some compiz patch is better solution than changing hardware

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2