Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I'll assume this is legit. Here's how to reset the BIOS. Acer Aspire One BIOS Recovery...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I'll assume this is legit.

Here's how to reset the BIOS.
    Acer Aspire One BIOS Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by reed9 View Post
    I'll assume this is legit.

Here's how to reset the BIOS.
    Acer Aspire One BIOS Recovery
    I have used this method twice on my AAO when the netbook had the "Black Screen of Death".
    My AAO-150 mod ZG5 currently has Fedora 14 installed via usb device from the F12 menu at boot.

phil

Just Joined!
    Alright need help, quick. So I put the Linux Os on another flash drive and it worked! Or at least it seemed to, It came up in the boot menu as cdd or something so ya, I pressed enter and its now on a blank screen with a - on the top left of the screen, I was assuming it was loading but its been like 20 min, how long should it take?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Um turned it off, and on. Still same screen???

Quote Originally Posted by jakers91 View Post
    Um turned it off, and on. Still same screen???
    Did you flash the bios as suggested if so then when the Linux OS that was on the device was booted did you see any text. If it is just going to a black screen then maybe the bios flash didn't work and you have to try it again. When you press F12 and select the device to boot from and hit enter you should see some type of menu/text screen.

phil

Just Joined!
    Yes I had already flashed the bios as suggested. When I go to F12 the boot menu comes up, and then If I click on any of them now this blinking line comes up, before it would say like media error or whatever, like it would if it was loading or something but I left it for an hour and it was still going. After I press enter nothing happens cept for blank screen or line. I know something should come up after I hit enter but it doesn't. So the good news is the linux usb drive finally comes up as bootable as far as I know but the bad news is that it now gets stuck when loading a page.

Actually I take that back, the only two it gets stuck on are the two dealing with the usb drive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2