Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a Compaq Armada V300, which I just got for free today. I used the original restore disk to try and the get the computer back into somewhat working ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    bml
    Just Joined!

Help!

I have a Compaq Armada V300, which I just got for free today. I used the original restore disk to try and the get the computer back into somewhat working order and use PC Linux, or any Linux program for that matter, on it. Things were going well until it told me that the restore was aborted. Now it will not boot off of the restore disk or a Linux disk. And whether there is a disk in or not I get the same message: No operating system. That is as far as I can get. Please help!

Just Joined!
    Have you checked the bios to see if the boot order got changed?

bml
    Just Joined!
    It looks like the CD-ROM is still the first boot, it says MultiBay, but I'm 95% sure that is my CD drive. Second is boot from the floppy, third from the hard drive, and fourth from the ethernet

Just Joined!
    Does your laptop have a button to push to select a boot device? It could be any number of the F keys.

bml
    Just Joined!
    I honestly do not know. Are there any of the F keys you recommend? F10 is BIOS and F12 is network devices.