Find the answer to your Linux question:
HEY GUYZ...i need some help on an old laptop... its toshiba 460ct with 165 Mhz...80MB ram...2gb hard drive....can boot knoppix 3.4 but couldnt get the resolution correct...it has cdrom with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

OLD TOSHIBA LAPTOP ..... need ome suggestions here..

HEY GUYZ...i need some help on an old laptop... its toshiba 460ct with 165 Mhz...80MB ram...2gb hard drive....can boot knoppix 3.4 but couldnt get the resolution correct...it has cdrom with it....i would like some desktop environment on it...no to kde ang gnome coz the laptop would lag and I dont think so the laptop could support it...any suggestions guyz..

Linux Newbie
    What is it that you need help with? resolution or distro? If its the resolution I really cant help you, just play with it and find out its default settings. A distro.. ANY and do a minimal install. For the GUI go Blackbox, IceWM, Enlightenment. Those are small and fast.

Linux Engineer
    you should check out Vector Linux, it is a slackware based distro that is designed for older pcs and laptops...works really well on much older boxes, also damnsmalllinux is good...both I think can use fluxbox, which seems to be the faster xwm that I have used

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    guyz...i tried the bluewall and damn small linux...it didnt work...then i tried the feather linux...it worked..it detected all the prots except the network card...not like the windoze 98...thanx for ur advice genesus and daemonOS...

Linux Engineer
    no prob, hopefully soon you'll get that network card up and running!

Just Joined!
    finally i got my network card running....

Just Joined!
    ....i got a new problem....i dunno wat the soundcard is....i dunno how to config the soundcard...i couldnt get the things rite by using sndconfig...help please...plus can somone help me on how to add the tty's since i only have one and tht one is not usable...dunno why...pls help...