Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am brand new to Linux and I am trying to get a dual boot to work on my computer. However after using the AMD 64 alternate install file I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unable to get Linux to run on my computer.

I am brand new to Linux and I am trying to get a dual boot to work on my computer. However after using the AMD 64 alternate install file I am unable to successfully load Linux. I posted a video on youtube of what happens but apparently I am unable to post urls until after I have made over 15 posts. So to find the video add this to the end of the youtube url "/watch?v=zBGudiYtua8".

Sorry for making you jump through hoops to help me but I guess it takes a while for videos to show on youtube because it doesn't show up in search results yet.

Thanks in advance.

dirtbikecr500!

Hello and welcome!

I am trying to get a dual boot to work on my computer.
    You have to get your hands on an installation CD of the distro your installing.

What was the distro of choice and how big is your HD please?

I would assume you have windows running?
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

Most linux distro's are easy to install. Go to distrowatch.com and download the distro of your choice. Burn it as an ISO file, then set your computer to boot from the CD/DVD drive and restart. You can select live CD, which will let you operate from the disk and try the distro first, memtest, or install. If you click install most distro's will ask you if you want to install on the whole drive, or side by side. From there, just follow the prompts on the screen. If you want to install Ubuntu with all the extra codecs and drivers, Ultimate does that.
    Registered Linux user #526930

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close