Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just download an ISO format image and burn it to a DVD. I found that there are three folders and one file. Code: EFI isolinux LiveOS GPL Then I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Install problem

I just download an ISO format image and burn it to a DVD. I found that there are three folders and one file.

Code:
    EFI
    isolinux
    LiveOS
    GPL
    Then I don't know how to do it because there is no an executable file at all. Only some img file in the folders.

Thanks for your advice.

oz
    forum.guy
    Did you try the disk to see if it works?

If it doesn't boot your machine properly, you can follow this HowTo for making sure you properly download the ISO file, burn it to disk as an image, and then boot your machine with it:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...ll-cd-dvd.html
    oz

Linux Guru
    The folders/file you list are standard for a Fedora DVD. If you see those files, it is because you are booted into some other operating system and then put the DVD in or you did not set your DVD drive to first boot priority in the BIOS. You can't install this way from within another OS, as ozar indicated above, you need to boot your machine with your Fedora DVD in the drive and set to first boot priority.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Well, I installed a virtualbox vm, OS was set as Fedora 64 bit. Then I tried to install Fedora from the DVD I mentioned. So far so good. Next time should I remove the DVD when I reboot it?

And there was a warning for examining storage, reinitialize something etc. (don't remember correctly).

Linux Guru
    I believe every Linux install I've ever done requires removal of the CD/DVD so yes, remove before rebooting.

I don't really understand what you tried to do. Did you try to install Fedora into a virtualbox? I'm not sure what initializing would do, you could check this link for info or google it:

7.13.*Initializing the Hard Disk