Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI everybody...... I've looked in the internet for documentation about my problem but didn't find the exact solution. i have a 40gb hard disk, i have windows xp in a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

A suse - xp dual boot problem

HI everybody......
    I've looked in the internet for documentation about my problem but didn't find the exact solution. i have a 40gb hard disk, i have windows xp in a 10 GB partition , a 20 GB partition for storing (both ntfs) and i left the rest of the disk for installing LInux SUSE for a dual boot. I tried to install suse in a friend's machine with the same specifications . Suse was installed well , but when i try to boot windos xp, it shows an error about some disk hardware failure and i have to reset. I wan to install suse but i fear i'll have the same problem, i 'd like some tips so i don't have that problem.....please

Just Joined!
    Shouldn't happen. Perhaps a problem with disk or partitions.

Anyway that is a very vague problem description !!!
    Please post specific details about the linux partitions. Is the grub menu showing up properly? Also post the grub.conf file in /boot/grub if u can boot into linux using a floppy/CD.

P.S. : Get a knoppix/suse live cd. It's good if u want 2 run linux without messing up ur hddd partitions and also good 4 troubleshooting if u cant boot.