Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello I have a IDE hard drive that I have installed the following 6 different OS's on The Main is Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 (It is showing up in GRUB) ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Multi Boot System

Hello I have a IDE hard drive that I have installed the following 6 different OS's on

The Main is Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 (It is showing up in GRUB)

Ubuntu 10.10 (It is Showing Up in GRUB)

Xubuntu 10.10 (It is showing up in GRUB)

Fedora 14 (Not showing up in GRUB)

Linux Mint 10 (Not showing up in GRUB)

Open Suse 11.3 (Not showing up in GRUB)

from what I have been able to figure out 2 of the paritions are Primary the rest are Logical what I am trying to figure out is how do I get GRUB to see these partitions if I can avoid it I would like not to have to redo it all over again. Any help anyone can give would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Hi and Welcome !

iirc, Fedora uses GRUB Legacy instead of GRUB2 and one has to add entries of other distros manually in its GRUB. It looks like you have installed Fedora or OpenSuse last.

Which distro did you install last?

If re-install GRUB2 of Ubuntu, Xubuntu or Mint, all distros will be detected by GRUB2. It's really easy to re-install GRUB using LiveCD. Here are instructions for Ubuntu GRUB2 re-install. ( Check 13. Reinstalling GRUB 2 from the LiveCD ).
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    I actually installed Xubuntu last but I would love to use the Linux Mint GRUB instead It is a much nicer looking GRUB I still have the Linux Mint Disk do I just need to run it and reinstall GRUB to make it see it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    GRUB2 installation instructions are same for Mint and Ubuntu. Boot up from Mint LiveCD and follow instructions from the link posted in my last post to re-install GRUB.
    Make sure to type correct device name assigned to / partition of Mint in grub re-install command.

Just Joined!
    I am not very educated on this do I need to put in the sda locations of every Linux OS so they will show up or just follow the instructions you gave. If you can give me more help I would appreciate it.

On which partition did you install Mint? Boot up from Linux and execute fdisk -l command in Terminal. Post output here.
    Code:
    sudo fdisk -l