Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I'm Aruman and I'm new to Linux Forums My Problem is that I have a new Sony Vaio Z series with the 128GB SSD HD(dual 64GB Hd) And I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installation Problems

Hi I'm Aruman and I'm new to Linux Forums

My Problem is that I have a new Sony Vaio Z series with the 128GB SSD HD(dual 64GB Hd) And I want to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bits and Bactrack 4 R2 32-Bits and using a partition to share files between them (Fat32) but when trying different times and different ways of partition the drives I got diff errors like first i got Grub loading error 17, then Error 21 and now Error 22, what I'm doing wrong? maybe the dual 64 GB is giving me some problems for the partitions? what's the best way to do this?

I want 40GB for Win7, 20 GB for Backtrack 4 R2 around 8GB for linux-swap and the rest for Shared Files(Fat32) between the two Os.

I've done this before with WinXp and Ubuntu on one single physical HD but never with the new SSD HD (dual physical drive ) maybe theres the problem? don't know much about the Solit State Drives.

Anyways thanks a lot,

Aruman.

Hi and Welcome !

Boot up from LiveCD of any Linux distro and post the output of fdisk -l command.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First