Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey i have a acer aspire one zg5 and will not boot. well starts to boot but just comes up error 17. i can only find info on 'grub error ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Error 17

hey i have a acer aspire one zg5 and will not boot. well starts to boot but just comes up error 17. i can only find info on 'grub error 17' all i get is error 17 on a black screen.... the only thing that i can do is press ctr,alt,del. to start the reboot then same thing over again. I can get into the bios menu and i can get boot menu. i dont have recovery cd (DOH) and cant find a download for it. can anyone help?
    and alt F10 doesn't work either. just to make it a bit more complicated

Kind regards Allan

Error 17

Hi and Welcome !

Which Linux distro are you using? Do you have LiveCD of any Linux distro?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    to be honest i have no idea, it's an old version, and i don't have any cds for it... my aunt gave it to me to see if i could fix it and she doen't have any cd's either. there is no sticker on the aos that i can see that tells me either.
    i know im great at the info

Download PartedMagic LiveCD or USB, boot up from it. Post the output of fdisk -l command here.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First