Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello I need to install Linux on Nokia C5-00 which has 128 MB of RAM and ARM 11 600 MHz processor which is apparently more than enough for it. What ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux on Nokia C5-00

Hello

I need to install Linux on Nokia C5-00 which has 128 MB of RAM and ARM 11 600 MHz processor which is apparently more than enough for it. What is the procedure to do so? I don't think it should be impossible given that its Linux and I wouldn't mind going down into gritty places given that I've already done Gentoo and LFS several times.

Thanks in advance,
    SgrA*

With those specs, you are going to have to hunt a bit for a linux distro that will work well for you. I would start with AntiX, but you should also go to distrowatch.com and do a search for older computers, and arm architecture. They have over 600 distro's in their inventory, so you should be able to find one that works well. good luck, and keep us informed on what you find out.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Just Joined!

Secondly, Installation?

Thanks for the advise about AntiX and DistroWatch.com but how will I install my OS on the device?
    Last edited by SgrA*; 04-03-2011 at 01:03 AM.

Sorry I wasn't paying close attention and missed that you are talking about a phone and not a netbook. I don't know which distro would work with a phone.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Just Joined!

i have a nokia c5 too

hello, what happened to the problem ? did you find out how to do it ?? i have a nokia c5 too and i wish to put linux into it. i have heard of thone recently.. like you could use your phone in cli. thats really cool. any idea ? can i do that with my phone ??

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Have you checked to see if someone has ported Android to this device? The biggest problem will be support for the cell radios and video hardware.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!