Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
dear Admin & all members, could U plzzzz help me accomplishing the triple boot system on my laptop? ok, so I have bought a new laptop. I haven't yet Installed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

problem in triple boot

dear Admin & all members, could U plzzzz help me accomplishing the triple boot system on my laptop?
    ok, so I have bought a new laptop. I haven't yet Installed any OS on the laptop, cause I wanna implement the triple boot system, and I don't know how to do it (very stupid, lol). I searched on the internet entirely, but I got nothin' about it. I plan to install win7, backtrack, and fedora. ok then,,,help me bro,,,

"thanx in advance"

Install Win7 first. Then install either backtrack or fedora, whichever you prefer first. Then install the other one. That third install will pick up the other two when it installs GRUB and will include them. If it doesn't, don't panic. We can still get it working.
    Using Linux since June 2007
    Distros: Mint 16 KDE
    SPECS: AMD Atholon 64 X2 3.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTS 250 1GB VRAM
    When your whole life is on one computer, servers and all, choose stability over anything else.

Just Joined!
    Dont forget that partitioning the drive correctly is very important personally i allways do it manually if u need any help regarding partitioning dont hesitate to ask

jwf

another approach

Rather than having, or limiting your boot options to 3 os's, if your machine has the RAM capacity, why not load your favorite OS, then install VMware Player or VirtualBox, then you can install as many Operating Systems as you desire.
    I have Fedora loaded as my main OS, then I have VMware Player installed, with Windows XP, Windows7, and Ubuntu.
    Either way, you'll need to do a bit of learning either GRUB configuration or VM planning.
    Both are viable options.
    I like the VM method as I can have both OS's up at the same time if need be.

Tirto,
    Stick with these Linux guys.
    Linux is more fun and more versital than M$ ever was.
    Do Ask Questions.

I have several computers.
    My business computer boots via Grub2 and runs (1) M$ XP, (2) Ubuntu, (3) TinyCore, (4) Parted-Magic, (5) Puppy 5.25.

My "sand-box" computer boots from Grub4Dos, has 12 partitions, and boots (1) TinyCore, (2) Puppy 5.25, (3) Knoppix 6.4, (4) Ubuntu, (5) Parted_Magic, (6) Lighthouse-Puppy.

Stick with these Linux guys.
    Linux is more fun and more versital than M$ ever was.
    Do Ask Questions.

glene77is

Just Joined!
    I have a triple boot system .. Just for the heck of it. . WIN7(Default that I very rarely use), Ubuntu (Natty) and Mint 10.. Install Windows first. Then any other linux distro.
    Installation with Ubuntu and Mint is pretty easy. Fedora might need some manual effort (Haven't installed fedora for a while though so not too sure)

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashu_crazyboy1994 View Post
    Dont forget that partitioning the drive correctly is very important personally i allways do it manually if u need any help regarding partitioning dont hesitate to ask
    how to partition the drive correctly bro?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwf View Post
    Rather than having, or limiting your boot options to 3 os's, if your machine has the RAM capacity, why not load your favorite OS, then install VMware Player or VirtualBox, then you can install as many Operating Systems as you desire.
    I have Fedora loaded as my main OS, then I have VMware Player installed, with Windows XP, Windows7, and Ubuntu.
    Either way, you'll need to do a bit of learning either GRUB configuration or VM planning.
    Both are viable options.
    I like the VM method as I can have both OS's up at the same time if need be.
    would U like to tutor me doing somethin' like that (using the virtualbox), my main OS is win 7?

Just Joined!

[reply]

actually, I've ever done implementing the triple boot system. last time I tried to implement it on my laptop, but I got failure. I couldn't enter my win7 instead of backtrack and fedora. while my main os was win7

Quote Originally Posted by tirto View Post
    would U like to tutor me doing somethin' like that (using the virtualbox), my main OS is win 7?
    Yeah man. If the virtual machine (VMware or Virtualbox) is the route you'd like to go, we can totally help you. Pick which OS you want to be your primary install (Win7, Backtrack, or Fedora). Get that installed on your laptop and then let us know. Be sure to tell us which install you go with.
    Using Linux since June 2007
    Distros: Mint 16 KDE
    SPECS: AMD Atholon 64 X2 3.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTS 250 1GB VRAM
    When your whole life is on one computer, servers and all, choose stability over anything else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast