Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys.... i recently just installed linux on my system, Redhat 7.2 ( a copy i dug out frm my cd collections). Installation was a breeze...Even for a linux newbie ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Got my linux box up ^_^

Hi guys....

i recently just installed linux on my system, Redhat 7.2 ( a copy i dug out frm my cd collections). Installation was a breeze...Even for a linux newbie lyke myself.... ( unlike redhat 6.2 i tried a few yrs back....kept me away frm linux ) Well.... all went well until it prompts me wif an error msg saying something about a "clock skew"... I kinda just ignored the problem... currently running Redhat 7.2 wif all the libraries updated.... ( i hope ) other than the "standard" software that comes wif the redhat distribution, i installed amsn, winex, wine, mplayer, vmware.( i think thats all...)

Anywayz.... to the purpose of thise thread.... i need some help on how 2 solve the funny "clock skew" problem i have... and any reccomandations on what to add on to my linux box???

My sys specs

CPU:AMD Athlon 1ghz Tbird
    Graphics Card:GeForce 2 MX
    Sound Card:Creative Soundblaster LIVE!
    RAM:128 mb DDRam
    HDD: 40 gig Maxtor
    Ethernet Card:Linksys 10/100 Mbps

Hope to hear from you guys soon ^_^

Linux Guru
    Where is this clock skew problem mentioned? Is it in the boot process, and in that case when, or is it when you run specific programs?

Just Joined!
    It appears when linux is booting up..... and when it opens some anti virus list or sth littat..... den it says that i have a revision date in the future....clock skew error..... my build may b incomplete..... this error also happens when i attempt to quit linuxconf..... any ideas? thanks in advanve....

Just Joined!
    Is you date correct? in the OS and the BIOS? that migth be the issue.

Hartman

Linux Guru
    It might very well be the issue. Compare your local computer time to the US naval observatory's master clock at tycho.usno.navy.mil. Remember to adjust the time to your timezone, as well.

Just Joined!
    thanks..... i dunnoe how i did it but after applying all the patches to my redhat 7.2...... it didn't have the problem anymorez..... tHankZ