Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
why went i tried to download libsqlite-2.8.15-1.i386.rpm using command below wget "ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/PLD/dists/ac/ready/i386/libsqlite-2.8.15-1.i386.rpm" (remove the quote) never successful, it always return "no such directory 'linux/PLD/dists/ac/ready/i386' " is that an error?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

cannot download libsqlite-2.8.15-1.i386.rpm

why went i tried to download libsqlite-2.8.15-1.i386.rpm using command below

wget "ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/PLD/dists/ac/ready/i386/libsqlite-2.8.15-1.i386.rpm" (remove the quote)

never successful, it always return "no such directory 'linux/PLD/dists/ac/ready/i386' "

is that an error?

The URL is wrong, as you can see for yourself if you connect to ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/, there is no PLD directory.

Furthermore, sqlite should be available via your package manager, why download manually?
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Just Joined!
    i download it because i got problem with my yum, then i founded the way to install it from this website h**p://***.irtaza.com/servers/linux/how-to-install-yum-on-linux-server/, do you have another source to download sqlite ?

i dont know if there is a package manager that provide sqlite, do you know where can i found that package and is there any step's that can assist me to install yum using package manager ?

thanks

The package manager yum is enough.
    I would recommend to fix the issue you have with it, as you will also need yum to keep the system up to date.

Which distribution are you using?

Just Joined!
    i'm using trustix secure linux, actually i never heard of it and as i look at the internet i found this distro is like fedora rather than RedHat, is that correct ?

trustix is deprecated since early 2007.
    Sorry to make the problem bigger, but I would recommend to migrate to an up to date linux, like scientific linux 6, fedora 15, etc

Just Joined!
    so its mean the solution is only upgrade to the latest version of linux?

It might be possible, that there is somewhere a fitting sqlite rpm for trustix.
    Also, I do not know the environment, restrictions and additonal workload (for migrating services, configuration and data) you might face.

But it is surely not a bad thing to have a supported and up to date linux.
    I would very likely go that route.

Just Joined!
    but why i still can access the website? sorry for my ridiculous and unrelated question, but i need more informatation about this, so that i can make a report to my boss

thanks for your patience

which website?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast