Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well as the topic subject indicates, im trying to install mandrake 10.1 (community) on my Althon 1800+... It boots from the cd, i choose partitions, etc and when it starts ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

mandrake install hangs @ 2%

Well as the topic subject indicates, im trying to install mandrake 10.1 (community) on my Althon 1800+... It boots from the cd, i choose partitions, etc and when it starts to install it hangs at 2%.... It hangs when installing RPM...

Any ideas???

Did you check the md5 sum of your iso before you burned it? Also did you have the MDK installer check the integrity of the disks?
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    ok, i feel like a bit of a newb now... md5 sum? and i didn't see anthing about checking the integrity of the disks....

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    During the install that is a option in Fedora. I do not know that that is in the mandrake install. Press 'i think' alt+F3 during the install. That way you can see where it hangs. md5 is a tool to check that the disk you d/l are ok. Some d/l's are bad and will not install. I have had a few so its always a good idea to check. look here http://userpages.umbc.edu/~mabzug1/cs/md5/md5.html

Just Joined!
    hi, i had this issue with 10.1 on a athlon 600 and found that if i used 9.2 instead it worked fine, you can then update.