Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I downloaded the ArchLinux FTP iso and I'm installing it from a flash drive. I have two physical hard drives (same model, so same size). The first one is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Need some help for FTP installation

Hi,
    I downloaded the ArchLinux FTP iso and I'm installing it from a flash drive. I have two physical hard drives (same model, so same size). The first one is the Windows hard drive and is on channel 0 on the motherboard and the second one is empty, I'm planning to install Arch on it, and it's on motherboard channel 1.

But when I come to select the hard drives during the Arch installation, it asks me to choose between dev/sda and dev/sdb. I know it would seem obvious that the windows hard drive is sda and the empty one is sdb but I really can't run the risk to have the wrong hard drive formatted. So please can anyone confirm I need to select sdb?

Thanks. Also, which filesystem do I need to choose for Archlinux? ext2, ext3, ext4, or a different one? Thanks for your help...

Just Joined!
    What are you saying is right sdb is the second hard disk. Windows is on sda. I suggest you to use ext4 since it works well.