Find the answer to your Linux question:
My problem is this. I have an 8gb flash disk, 1x5gb fat partition and 1x3gb fat partition. I am using YUMI (the multiboot creator) to put numerous recovery tools onto ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem with my YUMI Multiboot: Available Disk Space?

My problem is this. I have an 8gb flash disk, 1x5gb fat partition and 1x3gb fat partition. I am using YUMI (the multiboot creator) to put numerous recovery tools onto the 5gb partition; (the 3gb part is for data). I have used YUMI on a freshly formatted partition to put (just) the Ubuntu 11.10 live-cd onto the partition. This boots and works fine, it boots as a live-cd with persistence, but as soon as I try to use the "Install" part of the live-cd, things begin to go wrong...

The live-cd says that it requires >=8.6gb of available drive space, normally this would not be a problem, but I am trying to install onto a netbook with a 8gb ssd in it. I know that normally Ubuntu does not require this much space, because when i use Unetbootin to create the live-cd, the installation only "wants" 4.xgb (I forget how much). This makes me feel that I'm doing something wrong with YUMI, and it is confusing me a lot.

I've tried removing persistence (something which took a while to achieve), reformatting the usb, reformatting the ssd all sorts, and I am at odds as to what to do...

I appreciate any help that anybody might be able to give me... and i'll be happy to answer anything I've left out!!!

Thanks Again!!!

Toby
    Last edited by tobysaunders; 01-22-2012 at 10:42 AM.